An interaction designer with interests in usability, user experience design and user interface design for web-based products as well as mobile applications.
•McNair Scholar (part of the first University of Nevada chapter).
•Golden Key International Honor Society member.
•Published Author in ACM “Interactions” Magazine & UX Magazine.
2006-2009 Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, IN (U.S.A)
- Human-Computer Interaction MSc.
- Related Course Work: Web Usability, Psychology of HCI, Information Architecture for the Web, Research Design (statistics), Heuristic Evaluations, Prototyping, Cognitive Walkthroughs, Web Design, Experience Design, Adobe Creative Suite for New Media, Web Database programming.
2000-2005 University of Nevada Reno, NV (U.S.A)
- Bachelor of Arts, double major in Psychology and French
- Related Course Work: Face Perception, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Design, Computer Programming (MS-VBnet) applied to psychological experiments, International Marketing and International Human Resources Management during last semester in Turin, Italy.
•Fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, and French languages.
Interaction Designer at Dell in Austin, TX (US) | 2011-Present
As part of the Experience Design Group of Dell’s Enterprise Software team, this role is in charge of unifying the experience and interaction design of Dell’s enterprise software in charge of managing various types of Dell servers and equipment.
- Redesigned a web-based application in charge of managing power and temperature in data centers for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Currently designing the integration of rapid-caching technologies to current Dell storage solutions.
- Designing along other EDG members the next version of Dell’s Active System Manager (Converged Infrastructure management).
- Working alongside other interaction designers and usability specialists in the creation of a Dell Enterprise Software User Interface Pattern Library.
- n Assisting usability specialists with moderation of usability tests as well as with the creation of clickable prototypes to test preliminary designs with Dell IT employees.
User Experience Designer at Roundarch in new York, NY (US) | 2011
As a “Type II Consultant” and UX designer at Roundarch, work was focused on conducting user and stakeholder competitive research, creating personas that resulted in concepts, annotated wireframes, prototypes and functional specifications for various types of web-based services and mobile applications.
- Designed BNY Mellon’s first tablet application for liquidity management, along with concepts for its mobile phone equivalent.
- Collaborated in the design of new concepts for SGS Switzerland’s web site
- Redesigned Avis’ web-based Small Business sign up flow.
Interaction Designer at Pearson Education in Indianapolis, IN (US) | 2007-2010
Part of Pearson’s Core Technology Group/User Experience Team, this position focused on designing the interaction and behavior of educational web sites and internal web-based management systems; designing task flows, wireframes, performing heuristic evaluations; contextual inquiries and defining web sites’ information architecture for user-friendliness.
- Created task flows, interaction diagrams and annotated wireframes for an internal web-based tool to be used in the management of various users and products across Pearson Education worldwide.
- Designed new Course ID-based enrollment and subscription interactions for students and instructors using Pearson products and learning platforms.
- Conducted in-lab and on-site usability studies on various Pearson web site iterations prior to public release.
- Designed a new interaction model for the next iteration of Pearson’s online store (mypearsonstore.com).
- Discovered and designed new interaction patterns to be used as part of a new Pearson Interaction Design Pattern Library.
Interaction Design, User Interface Design, Mobile UX Design, Usability on the Web, Mobile Web, Football, Running, Guitar, Foreign Languages, iPhoneography, Digital Photo Editing, Web Design, Digital Video Editing.